Well, we are home from our cruise. We flew to San Diego and boared our ship last Sunday. If you know anything about vacationing with our family you would probably avoid it. We never have smooth vacations. We were able to arrive and depart according to plan, which is sometimes a problem for us, but we encountered some very rough seas on Monday. I attempted to make the best of it by utilizing the gym equipment. Let me tell you running on a treadmill while pitching and rolling is a unique experience. I did fine though and returned to my room to shower and dress and attend the class on towel folding. Not that kind of folding - I think I should know how to fold towels after doing it most of my 40 some years of life. It was folding into animals, I was so excited! Well, trying to roll and fold while on a bobbing ship was more than I could deal with so I returned to the cabin took some Dramamine (which we hid from Audrey) and went and had pizza with Brooke. The family then took a nap in our cabin. Finally, they got us to a little cove and the ship stopped rocking so much and we went and ate more food. It was raining and a little cold so there just wasn't much to do.


The next day we finally made it to Catalina Island and we spent some time shopping until it started to rain. We went back to the ship had a late lunch which made me too full to truly appreciate the great dinner and the ohhh... soooo... gooood Tiramasu deseret. Probably my favorite desert in the world.


The last day was great we spent the day in Ensenada Mexico. The girls and I went on a horseback ride. The scenery was beautiful, the mountians and ocean and even a great few of Ensenada. After the ride they had some killer taco's for lunch and a Mariachi band with dancing until the bus arrived to take us back to the ship. We did a little shopping and then called it a day. We were all a little sad because the weather had finally turned nice and it was our last night at sea. 
The next day we debarked and rented a car. We first found an In & Out Burger then proceeded to Coronado Island. We walked on the beach and around Hotel del Coronado for a couple of hours then drove to the San Diego Temple. The grounds were so beautiful, new flowers and the smell of fresh grass. Oh, the Spring Fever!!! It was time to go back to winter at home.
I liked the eskimo man. He was so cute. I still want to look up the book on towel animals.
ReplyDeleteoh the baby cries in coronado and still looks so cute
ReplyDelete