Revisted a couple of museums and visited the Guggenheim and the MoMa for the 1st time. The modern art museums are always great for a good laugh. If you don't laugh at the CRAP they call art you would cry so you just have to laugh. I also viewed some things that I wish had never been put before my eyes. Yuk!
We went to the 9/11 Memorial and saw the new buildings they are building. We rose into the clouds around the Empire State Building. I have been 3 times before but never when it was cloudy. It as a whole new view or lack thereof. We did go to the top of Rockefeller Center which also has a nice view. The clouds had disappeared and the view was great!
Audrey gave me a gift card to Mood Fabrics for my birthday. I could have spent a good half day inside that store. Sooooo many fabrics to choose from. I bought some fabric for a skirt, bracelets, and a coin purse. Oh, the important part...A Mood bag and T-shirt.
I bought a birthday necklace from Tiffany's and felt like 'somebody' carrying by little blue bag around 5th Avenue.
We shopped, walked and ate, mostly Duncan Donuts until we where exhausted. We almost missed the plane home because of security but with a few tears on Brookes part and some running on mine we made it home safe, sound and on time.
Thanks for the memories Brooke!

No comments:
Post a Comment