I took this picture when Brooke and I went to Seattle last October. We were walking along toward the Gates Sculpture Garden and I look across the way and saw this on the hillside. I said, "Oh, my gosh, look Brooke!" and she said, "What is it?" I really felt old at that moment in time. I had come from an era before, one that included my mother and many before me. I was a little depressed. I was in the last generation to use a typewriter. All those that have come since, have used a computer to type letters and documents, therefore, they would not need one of these. I still like it because it was big and as in a previous post I have commented on how I like things like this.
The giant type eraser brought back those Jr. High type-class memories, like spinning the little eraser wheel and rolling it along the desk when I was a little bored in class, or how I would use the little brush at the end that was supposed to sweep the erased particles from the type paper, to sweep my desk. I also remembered that I got my one and only D in that stinking type-class. Ohhh the memories.....

I didn't know my mother got a D in Jr. High!!! I'm stunned! I never did!
ReplyDelete